In this article, we have enlisted the best laptop for day trading 2022 that will give you the ultimate experience. Our team of experts has done extensive research and has come up with a list of these laptops with endless features.
Stock trading means buying and selling shares in a company during times of ups and downs. A day trader knows the amount of hard work one has to perform from keeping a keen eye on stocks to research and prominently proper knowledge and understanding of the market conditions.
Ask a day trader someone who has been in the trading game for years how many hours does he spent staring at the desktop screen. A normal person might get shocked by the reply, right?
All you need as a day trader is a good quality laptop with proper internet connectivity which can run all trading software flawlessly, also capable of high-end browsing.
We interviewed many traders to get the necessary data as to what software and laptops do they use. Some software like TD Ameritrade, Interactive Brokers, E-trade, etc. are used mostly. Also, there are some minimum system requirements on a laptop to run some basic trading software. We’ll discuss it below.
Our Top Picks Best Laptop for Day Trading 2022:
With so much choice out there, it can be hard to make the right buying decision. That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide to the best laptop for day trading 2022 that you can find today.
1. Apple MacBook Air – Best Laptop for Day Trading 2022
The Apple MacBook Air is a newly launched laptop known for its usability in the stock trading market. Apple products are always favored the most and this laptop has all the necessary system requirements for trading enthusiasts.
It has a 13.3-inch retina display with true tone technology, which automatically adjusts the screen color temperature with the environment. You get a fantastic 2500 x 1600 for all your market needs.
Apple products are a costly experience as it serves most of our desires. The laptop is a lightweight product that can be carried all day long. The 8GB ram and 256GB SSD storage allows you to run various trading software smoothly. Moreover, the ram is expandable up to 16GB. Also, the silver outer surface makes it stylish to carry around.
The battery life of this laptop is approx. 12 hours, which is more than most of the laptops of this category. The trademark feature it has is the touch ID for fingerprint password unlock, a sleek keyboard, and two Thunderbolt 3 ports for fast charging and data transfer. However, there’s still no doubt that the Apple MacBook Air deserves its lofty spot on the best laptop for day trading 2022 list.
- Stunning 13.3-inch Retina display with True Tone technology
- Backlit Magic Keyboard and Touch ID
- Tenth-generation Intel Core i3 processor
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics
- Fast SSD storage
- 8GB of memory
- Stereo speakers with wider stereo sound
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 11 hours of battery life
- Force Touch trackpad
2. ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop
The Ultra Slim ZenBook from ASUS has a powerful processor and excellent battery life. It can be the perfect alternative for Apple MacBook Air with its 13.3-inch wide-view Full-HD Nano-edge bezel display.
The battery life is incredible with approx. 14 hours extended capacity for seamless work. The performance is powered by a 3.4GHz Intel Core i5 processor. An 8GB DDR3 ram and 256GB SSD storage are enough to run all trading software smoothly.
A super-slim laptop with the great picture quality of 4K display and a lightweight of about 2.5lbs is all that a trader desires.
It has a fingerprint unlock system for security and a backlit keyboard to work in dark environments.
Its connectivity includes HDMI/ USB TYPE-C, 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, and a Micro SD card reader. There are 3 x USB 3.0 ports to connect external devices.
- 13.3 inch wide-view full-HD NanoEdge bezel display
- Intel Core i5-8265u processor (6M Cache, upto 3.9 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD and 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, USB type C, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11AC) and Micro SD card reader (USB transfer speed may vary. Learn more at Asus website)
- Sleek and lightweight 2.5 pounds aluminum body for comfortable portability
- Windows 10 home pre-installed
3. LG Gram Laptop
The LG Gram laptop is the latest laptop dedicated to stock traders. The features it boasts is the build quality and battery life. You can enjoy a seamless performance with its 8th Gen. Intel Core i5 processor.
An 8GB ram and 256GB storage run all necessary trading software hassle-free. Moreover, it has a 13.3 inch Full HD IPS screen display and weighs about 2.1lbs. Although its lightweight doesn’t compromise on its great durability.
The laptop has awesome battery life, it can run 24.5 hours on a single charge. Quite unbelievable but it’s true.
The backlit keyboard allows you to work without proper room light and the webcam on the top serves the purpose of video conferencing while at work.
Alongside there are multiple connectivity ports available, a USB type C and 2 x USB 3.1 ports, a microSD card reader, and an HDMI slot.
- Ultra-light weight laptop weighing just under 2.5 lbs.
- Long-lasting 72Wh Battery for up to 18.5 hours* Battery Life (*Mobile mark 2014 standard)
- 15.6 inch Full HD IPS touchscreen display w/Ultra-Slim Bezel
- Intel Core i7 (8th Generation 8565U)
- 16GB RAM & 256GB SSD
- Windows home 10; Material (Body): Magnesium alloy
- Usb Type-C
- Backlit keyboard - fingerprint ID
4. HP ENVY 13″ Thin Laptop – Best Budget Laptop for Day Trading
Yet another best laptop on our list is from a renowned brand HP. The HP Envy is the latest product comprising of Intel Core i7 with a 1.8GHz processor and upgradable to 4.6GHz. This becomes a plus point as the performance of the system can be increased to twice that provided.
The laptop has a 13.3-inch WLED-backlit touchscreen display with the help of which you can change it to a tablet harmoniously. Moreover, the durable all-metal case body and Corning Gorilla Glass protection on 4K resolution display screen enable traders to use it for years.
The backlit keyboard eases your tiresome work at night. Alongside the 16GB ram and 512GB storage, memory allows you to run all the desired programs and store all the necessary files respectively. But beware you cannot upgrade the storage on this product.
Coming to battery life, the laptop can run up to 13 hours on a single charge. And there are no possible heating issues too. The total weight of the product is about 2.82lbs, comparatively lighter to carry around.
Its connectivity includes 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports, 1 USB Type C, a Fingerprint reader, a Media card reader, and a webcam kill switch on the side panel. It’s a great combination of affordability and power, and that’s exactly why it’s one of the best budget laptop for day trading 2022 list.
- Cutting-edge security: state-of-the-art security Features include webcam kill switch and integrated fingerprint reader
- 4K display: 13.3-Inch diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen with durable protective corning(r) Gorilla) Glass nbt(tm) (3840 x 2160) to stand up to everyday bumps and scrapes. 8.2 million pixels bring your content to life in mesmerizing quality with 178-degree wide-viewing angles
- Bios recovery and protection: automatically checks the health of your PC, protects against unauthorized access, secures local storage and recovers itself from boot-up issues
- Distinctive design: high-quality, durable, all-metal case Built to last, with premium design features including a brilliant backlit keyboard and geometric pattern speaker grill
- Super Fast Processor: 8th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i7-8565u, quad-core, 1.8 GHz Base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology (8 MB Cache)
- Memory and hard drive: 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (not upgradable), 512 GB pcie(r) nvmetm M.2 Solid State Drive
- Battery life: up to 12 hours and 45 minutes (mixed usage), up to 9 hours and 45 minutes (video playback), up to 5 hours and 45 minutes (wireless streaming)
- Dimensions AND weight (unpackaged): 12.08 in (H) x 8.32 in (W) x 0.57 in (L); 2.82 pounds
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Warranty: 1-year limited hardware warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week Web support
- OS : Windows 10 Home
5. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
The Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is an ultra-lightweight laptop and filled with exclusive features. Weighing only 1.7lbs, the laptop can be carried all day long without any strain.
Equipped with the Intel Core i5 processor, it has 1.3GHz CPU power which can be considered as an average in this competition era. Though overall performance is good with the help of 8GB ram and 256GB SSD storage. If you can invest a bit more, you can opt for the 16GB variant.
The device somehow meets all the minimum requirements so any upgrade is not recommended. The laptop has a 12.3-inch PixelSense display. Being compact it allows being carried around. The feature to get highlighted is that this product has three modes of operation: – Laptop, Tablet, and Studio mode.
The battery life is approx. 13.5 hours which is expected at such a price range. There are connectivity ports like a Headphone jack, a Surface connect port, a USB 3.0 port, and a mini-display port. By the way, the keyboard and mouse of this laptop are sold separately, so you need to invest in that too.
- A best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet; Sensors: Gyroscope
- More power now with the new 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- Ultra slim and light, starting at just 1.70 pounds. All day battery life, with up to 13.5 hours of video playback
- Casing: Signature unibody magnesium design with hidden perimeter venting
- OS : Windows
6. Huawei MateBook X Pro Signature Edition
The Huawei introduced recently its signature edition laptop, it’s MateBook X Pro. It is one of the world’s first laptops to have a full-view display. The screen-to-body ratio is 91%. The 13.9-inch touchscreen display and 3K resolution screen make it a perfect choice for traders. Its system is powered by the Intel Core i5 processor, unexpectedly faster working than other laptops.
As a trader, you’ll love its body and features. The laptop has an 8GB Ram and 256 GB Storage for storing all your trading files and etc. Apart from this, the laptop weighs about 2.93lbs, though super-slim in width 0.57 inches only.
The battery life is good and runs up to 14 hours on a single charge. You can work seamlessly with this device even in the middle of the night. A remarkable addition to the laptop got is the pop-up webcam, for privacy, it’s hidden underneath a key.
Alongside further safety, there is a one-touch power button with a fingerprint scanner. So your files are always safe under your control. Its connectivity includes a compact Mate Dock 2.0, USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port, and a VGA port. However, there is no doubt that this mobile workstation earned its spot on our best laptop for day trading 2022 list.
- Worlds First FullView Display: Immersive 13.9-inch 3K touchscreen with 91% screen-to-body ratio, only 0.57-inch thin and weighs only 2.93 lbs., perfect for at-home or on-the-go computing
- Powerful Inside: Windows 10 Home Signature Edition comes clean with no bloatware to slow you down. 8th Gen Intel Core i5 8250U processor boosts performance up to 40% over its predecessor
- Home Theater: 3K touchscreen with 3, 000 x 2, 000 resolution, 1500:1 contrast ratio and 260 PPI allow you to see vivid details when viewing HD content. 2nd Gen Dolby ATMOS for immersive audio
- One Touch Power Button: Enabling users to power on the notebook, finish identity authentication through Windows Hello and access the desktop in less than 8 seconds
- Includes compact Mate Dock 2.0: USB-A port, USB-C port, HDMI port and VGA port. Includes 1 year Office 365 Personal and 1 year manufacturer warranty
7. Apple MacBook Pro – Top Laptops for Day Trading 2022
The MacBook series has another product which is the MacBook Pro. Similar to the MacBook Air it has a stunning look and a top-notch design. But comparatively lower screen size. It has a 13 inch full HD display screen with a touch bar.
Moreover, it has a 2.4GHz Intel Core i5 processor which can be upgraded to a 4.7GHz turbo boost performance if desired. The MacBook Pro has 8GB Ram and 256GB SSD storage. The storage is upgradable even up to 2TB. With such awesome features, you could easily run high-end trading software and even play games in leisure.
Coming to the battery, the laptop serves 10 hours of heavy usage in a single charge, relatively less than the MacBook Air. A trademark feature it has is an Apple T2 chip, which enclaves a coprocessor and encrypted storage capability. The fingerprint sensor is also there for ease of login.
Its connectivity includes 4 x Thunderbolt 3 ports, USB 3.1 GEN 2 port. Also, this product has a decent rating in trading laptops. These features make it one of the top laptops for day trading 2022.
- Eighth-generation quad-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Brilliant Retina display with True Tone technology
- Backlit Magic Keyboard
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645
- Ultrafast SSD
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Force Touch trackpad
8. Razer Blade Stealth
The Razer Blade Stealth is one of the best laptop computers for day trading. A renowned company product that is durable and stylish. The build quality is awesome and the body is ultra-thin.
It is powered by a 2.7GHz Intel Core i7 processor, which can be further enhanced to 3.5GHz. The laptop has a 13.3-inch touchscreen display. Though resolution could hamper some buyers’ opinions.
Moreover, it has 16GB Ram and 512GB SSD storage, ideal for traders who want to work seamlessly. The anti-ghosting keyboard and smooth touchpad are excellent to work as a writer. Being portable you can carry it anywhere and even work in a dark environment with its keyboard’s 16.8M color options.
The battery life is decent for a day’s work and its connectivity includes USB 3.0 ports. You can give it a try considering your budget.
- Designed for Mobility: Built for performance with an ultra thin, light, and durable CNC anybody, anodized aluminum frame
- Futureproof Design: Thunderbolt 3 capable, compatible with Razer Core X external GPU enclosures for additional power; supports SSD upgradability
- Biometric Security: Supports Windows Hello instant facial unlock and authentification with integrated webcam and IR sensor.Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- Customizable RGB Lighting: Includes 16.8 million colors available with multiple preset profiles
- Summary: Intel Core i7-1065G7 4 core processor with 1. 3GHz/3. 9GHz (base/max turbo), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q, 13.3 FHD 60Hz matte display, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
- Connectivity Technology: Usb
9. ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultra-Slim Laptop
Another best laptop for stock trading is the ASUS ZenBook. It is a lightweight, compact, and ultra-slim laptop having a width of only 0.6 inches, making it one of the good laptops for day trading. It is equipped with the 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8565u processor which can be further boosted to 4.6GHz. Being a full-view display, the screen-to-body ratio is about 92%.
The thing traders like the most is that the laptop has a 14-inch wide-view full HD 4-way Nano-edge bezel technology screen. A 16GB ram and 512GB storage is more than enough to run and store all trading software with files.
A perfect rival for Apple’s MacBook in cost, this device wins the race in features. It has a 3-degree ErgoLif hinge to lift up the keyboard for a prime typing experience. The one-touch illuminated number pad appears on the touchpad and a built-in IR camera for facial recognition while signing with windows Hello is something unique it features.
The certified reliability and durability along with 14 hours of battery life is worth mentioning here. Its connectivity includes HDMI/USB Type C, gigabit-class Wi-Fi 802.11 AC, Bluetooth 5.0, and MicroSD card reader.
- Innovative screen pad: 5.65-Inch interactive touchscreen trackpad that adapts to your needs for smarter control and multitasking
- App switcher on screen pad: easily move docked Windows between your main display and screen pad Display
- Handwriting on screen pad: take note or jot down your ideas by writing on the screen pad
- Number key on screen pad: turn screen pad into a numeric keypad for easy numeric data entry
- 14 inch wide-view full HD 4-way NanoEdge bezel Display Glossy
10. HP Spectre x360 – Best Laptop for Day Trading Stocks
Another laptop by HP is specially made for stock traders. The HP Spectre x360 is stylish, slim, and furnished with long battery life. It has a 1.80GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7-8565u processor, upgradable to 4GHz by Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
The laptop has a 13.3-inch diagonal FHD IPS Micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen display. No doubt you can use it as a tablet with the HP stylus pen. Moreover, 16GB ram and 512GB storage is enough for trading tasks. The fingerprint unlock is also something to be cherished.
With extraordinary colors on the FHD screen, the laptop has a battery that lasts until 12 hours in a single charge. The overall weight of this device is 2.93lbs. The Mcafee Internet Security for three years is provided when you buy this.
Its connectivity includes MicroSD card reader, External I/O ports, Headphone/Microphone combo, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-cx Gen 2 Thunderbolt3 and 1 USB 3.1 Gen 2. If you’re a day trader on the market then this best laptop for day trading stocks that will help you do all your research.
- HP Spectre x360 13T Cutting Edge GEM CUT Design - 8TH GENERATION QUAD CORE CPU: Intel Core i7-8565U (1.8 GHz, up to 4 GHz, 8 MB cache, 4 cores) four-way processing 1.80 GHz to 4.00 GHz with 8 MB SmartCache, high-efficiency performance with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- SUPERIOR SPEED and NETWORKING: Fast Data Access with 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5 Combo(MU-MIMO supported)
- IMPRESSIVE HD PANEL with HD Active Stylus Pen and Thunderbolt Support: Experience exceptional colors and clarity with 13.3 Full HD touch screen (Resolution: 1920 x 1080) for hands-on control and IPS technology for wide viewing angles. 13.3 diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with NBT, HP Active Stylus Pen, USB-C port, Thunderbolt support & SD card reader
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE, Windows 10 PRO(Pre-installed by HP) 64 BIT, 16GB SDRAM (onboard), Bang & Olufsen Quad Speakers, HP Audio Boost, Fingerprint reader
- SLEEK, PORTABLE DESIGN with FREE 3 YEARS 1 DEVICE SUBSCRIPTION TO MCAFEE INTERNET SECURITY, AN ADVANCED ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE, AWARD WINNING PROTECTION, BLOCKS VIRUSES, MALWARE, RANSOMWARE, SPYWARE, UNWANTED PROGRAMS, AND MORE, ALSO INCLUDES MCAFEE WEB ADVISOR AND MCAFEE PASSWORD MANAGER
Also Read: Best Laptop For Computer Science Majors
11. Dell XPS 13 9370 – Best Laptop for Day Trading Cryptocurrency
This laptop is for all the Dell laptop fans out here. The newly upgraded Dell XPS 13 is something that you must go for. It is powered by Intel Core I78550U 1.8GHz processor, which can be further boosted 4.0GHz. This may not increase the performance but surely increase the speed.
It features a 13.3-inch touchscreen infinity-Edge 4K UHD display having IPS technology and vibrant colors. In short, it provides a decent viewing experience. The laptop has 16GB DDR3 ram and 512GB storage to handle all your tasks tirelessly.
A classic silver finish body with features like HD Webcam, backlit keyboard, and excellent graphics is what a user desires. Weighing only 2.67lbs, it is high portability. The only downside it has is its battery which lasts for only 8 hours in a single charge.
Its connectivity includes 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 3 x USB 3.0 port, card reader, headphone jack, and USB-C with Thunderbolt 3. Better yet, it also gets our vote as among the best laptop for day trading cryptocurrency, especially from a value perspective.
- 13. 3-Inch touch-screen infinity-edge 4K UHD (3840x2160) Display
- 8th Gen Intel Quad Core i7-8550U 1. 80 GHz (4 Cores 8 Threads, Turbo 4. 0 GHz, 8MB Smart Cache)
- 512GB PCIe SSD | 16GB DDR3 | Killer 1435 802. 11AC 2x2 WLAN + Bluetooth 4. 1 combo
- Backlit keyboard | Thunderbolt 3 USB-C
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
12. Lenovo X1 Carbon – Best Lenovo Laptop for Day Trading
Our final product on the list is the Lenovo Ultrabook. A superfast computer is known for its ultimate performance. It is powered by an 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8550U 1.7GHz processor, which can be boosted to 4GHz.
The laptop has a 14-inch anti-glare LED-backlit IPS FHD display screen which brings you the brightest display without any strain on your eye. It is equipped with 16GB ram and 512GB storage for all your trading tasks.
The features which traders like the most is that it has excellent responsiveness and tested durability, you can carry it for hours as its lightweight and operate anywhere you like. The battery life is approx. 10 hours, still enough to run a full HD screen.
Its connectivity includes 3 x USB 2.0 ports, 3 x USB 3.0 ports for data transfer. The price range of this product is average and it is worth the investment. Better yet, it also gets our vote as among the best lenevo laptop for day trading, especially from a value perspective.
- Intel Core i7-8565U Processor 1. 8GHz, Up to 4. 6GHz Turbo, Quad Core
- 14 Anti-glare LED Backlit IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) Display
- 16GB LPDDR3 2133MHz RAM, 512GB Solid State Drive
- Backlit Keyboard, Fingerprint Reader, Windows 10
- Intel Integrated 620 Graphics, HDMI, 802. 11 Wireless-AC
13. Lenovo Legion Y720
Not at all like the past model, this one is ideally suited for all the gamers out there that likewise lead exchanging exercises. With a GTX 1060 illustrations card, that isn’t accessible for the MacBook Pro, for instance, this PC permits you to do some bad-to-the-bone gaming and can be reasonable for running some other programming, even the one fundamental for stock exchanging.
That’s what uplifting news is in the event that this 15-inch PC isn’t large enough for your taste or needs, there is an accessible 17-inch PC that is essentially equivalent to this one. The Intel’s 6th Gen i7 processor makes it simple for a stock dealer to lead his business at a fast speed. It isn’t the most recent best-performing processor-accessible available, yet it’s extraordinary for exchanging exercises.
Assuming you want loads of capacity on your PC, and a stock merchant typically does, you should go for this one. Other than the 128GB SSD, this gadget additionally has 1TB memory on its Hard Disk, which ought to be all that could possibly be needed for any stock dealer out there.
If you want to shine as a trader you need to give your best shots possible. Software is one of the most important aspects or you lose money, right? So make sure you choose a perfect laptop designated for trading jobs and also which serves other side purposes too without breaking the bank.
And I hope you like this article and love the list of the best laptop for day trading 2022. Thanks for giving your valuable time to read this article and I hope you really enjoy it. You can appreciate our website work by sharing this article with your friends. If you have any problems related to this article then don’t hesitate to contact us using the comment section. Have a wonderful day!
Also Read: Best Laptops For 3D Modeling