Every youngster is aware of the most popular game Overwatch which has linked millions worldwide. It is a team-based first-person shooter game that requires aiming skills and tactics in an online battle arena. The game has stunning graphics and is fast-paced, so regular monitors won’t be able to process it as it should be. Thus it creates the necessity of a better monitor that is able to rank you up in the game. For this purpose, you have to choose a monitor having all the requisite features for Overwatch and also comes within your budget.
As said above some features like refresh rate, response time, input lags, FreeSync technology, and more are needed to care about while choosing a monitor. This detailed guide consists of the best monitor for overwatch, scrolling through our guide will help you choose your desired monitor as early as possible rather than searching among thousands of monitors available in the market.
Features Of Best Monitor For Overwatch In Details:
1. Refresh Rate – Overwatch is a fast-paced game and it demands faster refresh speeds to keep up the pace otherwise the game will lag and make it unable to play smoothly. Refresh rates of 240 Hz are used by professional gamers to never miss a shot.
2. Response Time and Input Lag – Response time indicates how fast a pixel can go from black to white and back again while input lag measures the delay between command and action. Having a 1ms response time and input lag lets you achieve smooth motion without any ghosting or smearing.
3. Display Resolution – Various resolutions are available today like quad HD, 4K, Full HD, etc. Playing Overwatch doesn’t require a 4k Display rather than a Full HD one is enough for it. A resolution of 1900x1080pixels is a must on a 144Hz refresh rate or more. Remember better resolution brings more life-like and crisp images.
Our Top Pics Best Monitor For Overwatch:
We have enlisted the best monitor for overwatch for you that will give you the ultimate experience. Our team of experts has done extensive research and have come up with a list of these monitors with endless features.
1. ASUS TUF VG279QM – Best Monitor For Overwatch
The ASUS TUF is undoubtedly an amazing machine ideal for playing fps games like Overwatch because of its superior features like the 280Hz OC refresh rate and extremely low motion blur (ELMB) Sync that eliminates motion blur and adaptive sync simultaneously. Alongside it, the NVIDIA G-Sync technology comprising variable refresh rates assures a seamless gaming experience from your system’s graphics card.
The monitor runs on a vibrant IPS panel to deliver dynamic image quality. Along with a 72% NTSC colour gamut and 1000:1 contrast ratio, it offers outstanding visuals and remarkable viewing angles of 178° without any distortion and colour shift. HDR technology is capable of producing the brightest whites and darkest blacks than traditional monitors.
With 1ms GTG fast response time smearing and motion blurs are completely eliminated. ASUS Dynamic shadow boost automatically clarifies dark areas to spot enemies hidden in shades. The flicker-free and ultra-low blue light technology minimizes eye strain and prevents eye damage during long gaming sessions.
It has a 27-inch screen with a Full HD resolution of 1920×1080. This somehow results in low pixel density, the only downside we find in the monitor. Nevertheless playing Overwatch on the monitor will be a remarkable experience every time as many pros find individual pixels advantageous as they are more distinguishable for accurate aiming. The monitor has an ergonomic stand that supports height adjustment, swivel, pivot, and tilt and is also rich in connectivity including a display port and HDMI.
However, there’s still no doubt that the ASUS TUF VG279QM deserves its lofty spot on the best monitor for overwatch list.
- 27-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Fast IPS gaming monitor with ultrafast 280Hz refresh rate (overclocked) designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology enables ELMB together with G-SYNC Compatible, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- Certified as G-SYNC Compatible, delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience by enabling VRR (variable refresh rate) by default
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology with professional color gamut delivers contrast and color performance that meets the DisplayHDR 400 certification
- Connectivity ports include DisplayPort 1. 2 and HDMI(v2. 0) x2
2. HP Omen X27
The Omen by HP is one of the first gaming monitors with a 240Hz refresh rate having a WQHD resolution of 2560×1440. The TN panel provides more than it is to make Overwatch players enjoy crystal clear picture quality without any compromise on the refresh rate. This HP product is obviously a renowned product used by many professional players during competition and HP was also an official sponsor for the game.
More resolution brings more pixel density on the large screen to maintain image quality crisp and detailed. The widescreen of the 27-inches LED display gives you more real estate for any of your needs. The HDR technology makes brighter whites and darker blacks with a 90% DCI colour spectrum and a peak brightness of 400 nits. The downside of the monitor is the use of pulse-width modulation that regulate brightness and is not flicker-free. Although with the presence of ambient lighting you might suffer headaches at times.
Owing to the impeccable input lag performance, the monitor creates a fast response time of 1ms for an anti-ghosting and blur-free gameplay. The excellent response time overcomes the absence of motion blur reduction technology and ensures you won’t ever trail behind fast objects. The monitor supports AMD FreeSync technology that gives a wide variable refresh rate of 48Hz to 240Hz with a compatible graphics card to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering with a minimal penalty on input lag.
Finally, the monitor also has an ergonomic stand that is able for custom adjustment to provide a comfortable viewing position. HP also provides a 1-year limited warranty on the product for peace-of-mind coverage.
- 2K Quad HD 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 144 - 165 Hz refresh rate, 1 ms response time
- 27 antiglare LED monitor,FreeSync Technology
- NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible, Console connectivity
- USB 3.0 port
3. ViewSonic XG270 – Best 240Hz Monitor For Overwatch
The ViewSonic XG270 is a widely acclaimed monitor for its achievement of remarkable motion blur reduction performance powered by PureXP+. It essentially uses backlight strobing to minimize perceived ghosting and motion blur while reducing maximum brightness. It guarantees you won’t ever miss your enemy in fast-moving pictures.
The IPS display has an ultra-fast response time of 1ms GTG and a 240Hz refresh rate that enables smooth screen transitions that is the most substantial requirement of Overwatch. Meanwhile being G-sync compatible the monitor eliminates artefacts, screen tearing, and input lags for an immersive gaming experience. The PureXP+ enabled users to get awesome colour reproduction with vibrant and illuminated visuals alongside superb motion clarity. The monitor also comes with a low-blue light filter and flicker-free technology to protect your sensitive eyes from long hours of screen watching.
The XG270 has a 27-inch screen with a Full HD display resolution of 1920×1080. Well, this monitor has low pixel density but sitting slightly away from the monitor won’t let you distinguish between pixels. Further, while playing Overwatch users can also enable some anti-aliasing to eliminate the dreaded staircase effect.
Built with gamers in mind the frameless design is useful for multi-monitor setup and the slim bezel IPS panel ensures you won’t miss a scene at far-off angles. A built-in mouse bungee, ELITE RGB ambient lighting, sight shields, and headphone hook are its additional features. The ergonomic stand provides further comfort for marathon gaming sessions.
Better yet, it also gets our vote as among the best 240hz monitor for overwatch, especially from a value perspective.
- ESPORTS MONITOR: Full HD 1080p resolution, true 1ms (GtG) response time, and ultra-fast 240Hz refresh rate gives you the edge in all your esports matches *240Hz is supported via DisplayPort and HDMI
- NVIDIA G-SYNC: Experience uninterrupted gaming with synchronized frame rates, variable overdrive, and ultra-low motion blur
- BLUR BUSTERS APPROVED: Tuned by Blur Busters, PureXP blur reduction utilizes backlight strobing, drastically improving motion image clarity in fast-moving objects
- ELITE DESIGN ENHANCEMENTS: Elevate your setup with a built-in mouse bungee, ELITE RGB ambient lighting, sight shields, and a reinforced headphone hook
- ALL DAY COMFORT: Fully adjustable ergonomic stand delivers the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: A slim bezel IPS panel ensures stunning views no matter your vantage point
- FRAMELESS DESIGN: A three-sided ultra-thin bezel shows off more of your game and it’s perfect for multi-monitor setups
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The XG270 supports laptops, PCs, Macs, PlayStation, and Xbox with HDMI, USB, and DisplayPort inputs
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year coverage with access to our US-based customer service team
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: LCD Monitor, ELITE Hood, Power Cable, AC/DC Adapter, DisplayPort Cable, and USB 3.1 Cable
4. Acer XF252Q
The Acer XF252Q has one of the latest iterations of the 240Hz refresh rate and 0.2ms fast response time on the TN panel. Standard monitors for Overwatch offer a 1ms response time but this monitor comes packed with all the crucial features that are able to make your gameplay better. The rapid refresh rate shortens the time for frame rendering thereby reducing input lag and the fast response time renders smoothly even the fastest moving actions or dramatic transitions.
The monitor is provided with AMD Radeon FreeSync technology that syncs the frame rates of the monitor with the system graphics card to eliminate screen tear. Alongside this, the motion blur reduction and Game view technology provide the ultimate gaming experience. A decent brightness of 250 nits with the help of backlight strobing at 240Hz is a commendable feature.
Users enjoy high-quality visuals and excellent details on the 27-inch monitor with a Full HD resolution of 1920×1080 and a 16:9 aspect ratio. The HDR creates deeper levels of blacks and whites to produce realistic images. Further, the monitor does not compromise pixel density by making the viewable screen 24.5- inch.
The Zero frame design gives it a dashing look and also serves a multi-monitor setup better than other conventional monitors. The monitor also includes two speakers and has lots of connectivity ports including DisplayPort, HDMI, and USB ports.
- Number of screens: 1
- Screen size: 24. 5
- Screen mode: full HD
- Panel technology: twisted nematic film (TN film)
- Response time: 1 ms GTG
5. Dell Alienware AW2518HF – Best 240Hz Monitor For Overwatch
Beginners who are trying their hands on Overwatch should try out this machine from a renowned l brand the Dell. The Dell Alienware AW2518HF packs almost all the features required to climb the ranks in Overwatch. It has a Full HD TN panel that offers a 240Hz refresh rate, AMD FreeSync technology, and a fast response time of 1ms.
With flawless input lag performance and quick response time gaming on this monitor would be a wonderful experience. You can’t feel the responsiveness and precision of the monitor until you start using it. The AMD FreeSync technology synchronizes the refresh rate of GPU to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering with minimal input lag penalty.
Ultra-thin bezel and solid stylish look described by the 25-inch screen with a resolution of 1920×1080 and 16:9 aspect ratio. The TN panel produces crisp and undistorted images that are rich in colour and the features of Dell goes without saying. The preset gaming modes don’t require you to leave the game for changing settings rather than you can control them while gaming.
The ergonomic stand allows 4-way adjustments for a comfortable view during long gaming sessions. It also keeps in check the unnecessary tangling of wires and adds a modern look to the monitor. The connectivity options include DisplayPort, HDMI, and USB ports.
- A 240Hz refresh rate is 4x faster than typical standard monitors and twice as fast as common 120Hz gaming monitors. More frames means smaller visual information Gaps, which means a faster reaction time for the Gamer. Theres a 8.3 millisecond gap between frames at 120Hz, which is halved to 4.16ms between frames at 240Hz. This is incredibly important to gamers playing at breakneck speeds, and provides an edge over gamers less well-equipped. Combined with skill, get more wins by being able to react in real-time.
- Amd Radeon free Sync technology synchronizes the GPU and monitor, displaying full frames only when the monitor is capable of displaying them. This minimizes graphic distortions such as tearing and artifacts from forming on screen, allowing you to experience native refresh rates up to 240Hz for rapid-fire, tear-free Graphics that dont require user adjustments.
- A wide-angle viewing range means that color coverage is consistent no matter which angle The screen is viewed from. This is thanks to the IPS technology that the monitor is built on.
- Convenient monitor controls are easily reached on the right side of the monitor, with a new joystick for navigating menus quickly and intuitively. The individual buttons can be assigned as shortcuts for the gamers preferred tools and settings.
- The true 1ms response time blasts away motion blur. The pixels are able to change quickly and respond to the new image signal as it comes in. This is a new feature for IPS monitors, which have typically been considered too slow for gaming.
6. Acer Predator XB271HU
The Acer Predator XB271HU has a 27-inch IPS Quad HD display with a resolution of 2560×1440. It gives you vivid images on a 144Hz refresh rate screen that minimizes motion blurs. Further, you can overclock the refresh rate to 165Hz and various other refresh rates as per the requirement of the game to make motion smoother.
The monitor is NVIDIA G-Sync certified which ensures to eliminate graphics distortions forming on the screen that too at variable refresh rates with minimal input lag. The fast response time of 4ms makes outstanding pixel transitions and eliminates any ghosting or motion blurs. Performance-wise this monitor is gaming ready with all exclusive features ASUS embedded in it. The monitor has a flicker-Free backlight and an integrated low-blue light filter to make itself eye-friendly to players who are sensitive to flickering.
Acer Predator XB271HU has some wonderful colours as expected from an IPS panel, it creates wide-viewing angles without any distortion. Sharp and vibrant picture quality without any scaling and more screen real estate makes it a perfect gaming monitor. The NVIDIA Ultra-Low motion blur technology supported by the monitor uses backlight strobing to bring peak brightness without any compromise in performance.
The Acer Predator XB271HU gaming monitor also features a game plus hotkey for in-game enhancements. The adjustable ergonomic stand makes users choose their perfect viewing position and angles. Its connectivity features include DisplayPort, HDMI, and USB ports.
- 27 Inches WQHD (2560 x 1440) widescreen with NVIDIA G SYNC technology
- Refresh rate: 144Hz (overclocking to 165Hz) Using display port
- Response time: 4ms, Pixel Pitch: 0. 233mm. Flicker less technology reduces annoying screen flickering that can cause eye strain when viewing the monitor for long periods.
- 2 x 2W speakers. Brightness: 350 nit. Panel technology: In plane switching (IPS) Technology. Tilt angle 5° to 35°. swivel angle 60°. Maximum adjustable Height 5. 91 inches
- Signal inputs: 1 x HDMI (V1. 4) & 1 x Display port. Viewing angle: 178° (H)/ 178° (V)
- Mounting type: VESA compatibility Mountable 100 x 100 millimeter
- Note: Kindly refer to the user manual provided as a PDF manual in the product description section
7. Dell S2719DGF – Best Monitor For Overwatch
Another product from Dell, it’s the Dell S2719DGF having a 144Hz refresh rate on a TN panel that tries to achieve the fastest possible response time and excels out in fast-paced games like Overwatch. Further, the refresh rate is overclockable to 155Hz for enhanced game performance. The AMD FreeSync technology helps create super smooth visuals to let users enjoy vivid edge-to-edge gameplay on crisp QHD resolution.
Though the infamous TN panel is undeniably not free from issues like narrow viewing angles and inferior colour accuracy this monitor still holds the prerequisite to become one of the best monitors for playing Overwatch. The monitor has a screen size of 27-inch with a resolution of 2560×1440 that provides a more dense and detailed display with more screen real estate.
The monitor has a great input lag performance that gives a highly responsive experience. The ultra-fast response time of 1ms further eliminates input lag that creates noticeable trailing. Alongside this the FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing to provide an amazing gaming experience.
The ergonomic stand of the monitor allows tilt, pivot, swivel, and height adjustments for any comfortable viewing position. Moreover, the integrated Flicker-free backlight and low-blue light filter protect your eyes from harmful flickering and blue light that cause headaches and eye strain. The monitor also includes a security lock and lots of connectivity ports like HDMI< USB, DisplayPort, and headphone port.
There’s no doubt that this mobile workstation earned its spot in our best monitor for overwatch list.
- Experience sharp, tear free graphics with a swift refresh rated to 155 hertz (overclocked) and AMD free sync for super smooth visuals
- Get blazing fast and responsive gameplay with minimum input lag at an extremely rapid 1ms response time. Pixel Pitch:0.2331 mm
- Enjoy vivid edge to edge game play and crisp QHD resolution. Youll get lost in the 3.68 million pixels almost two times more than full HD
- Brightness: 350 candela per square metre
- Note: The 27 measurement of a TV monitor is measured diagonally.
- 155 hertz
8. Acer Nitro VG271
The Acer Nitro VG271 has a 144Hz refresh rate on a TN panel and possesses a sleek and elegant design with slim bezels that give it a professional gaming look. The model is known for its fast response time of 1ms and input lag performance required for Overwatch. The 144Hz refresh rate delivers an ultra-smooth 2D motion by reducing frame rendering time and lowering input lag.
The monitor has a 27-inch screen with a Full HD resolution of 1920×1080 and a 16:9 aspect ratio. You get stunning, high-quality images with excellent detail and the 6 axis colour adjustments lets you choose among the highest standard of the colour of the display. The Zero frame design saves more screen space and allows the setup of a multi-monitor system.
The AMD Radeon FreeSync technology provided by the monitor eliminates stuttering and tearing by syncing the monitor’s frame with graphics card frames for a smooth experience. Further, the fast response time renders smoothly any fast-moving scenes or dramatic transitions without any effects like smearing or ghosting.
The AcerVisionCare technology reduces eye strain and provides a comfortable long viewing session by minimizing annoying screen flickering and straining blue-light. Additional features of the monitor include 2 multimedia speakers and lots of connectivity ports like DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI.
- 27 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen IPS Monitor with AMD Radeon FreeSync Technology
- Response Time: 1ms VRB and Refresh Rate: 144Hz
- 2 speakers, 2 watts per speaker
- Acer VisionCare Technologies
- Ports: 1 x Display Port and 2 x HDMI 2.0 (HDMI Cable Included)
9. BenQ Zowie XL2411P
The BenQ Zowie XL2411P is a Full HD 144Hz monitor that is specially designed for hard-core gamers. The fast refresh rate of 144Hz provides a smooth gaming experience over DP and DVI-D. It has a 24-inch screen and due to its proportion, it offers excellent pixel density.
The exclusive features the monitor includes are colour vibrancy and a black equalizer. The adjustable feature of adding saturation level helps to find small targets and makes tracking easy. While the black equalizer will never make you fall into enemy traps by increasing the visibility in dark scenes without overexposing the remaining bright areas. The monitor comes well-calibrated out of the box and requires no further calibration
The monitor is height adjustable just with the touch of fingers to fit in the most comfortable position along with swivel, tilt, and pivot. It is also VESA enabled in case you wish to save desk space and hung it onto the wall. The connectivity options of the monitor include DisplayPort, DVI-D, Dual-link, HDMI, and headphone jack.
- Lightning-fast 144 Hz refresh rate performance for a smooth PC gaming experience over DisplayPort or DVI-D (Compatible with PS5 and Xbox up to 60Hz)
- 1ms Response Time (GTG) to eliminate ghosting and lag, providing the optimal gaming experience. Dimensions (HxWxD mm)- 559 (Hightest) / 429 (Lowest) x 570 x 219. Dimensions with wall mount (HxWxD mm) (w/o Base)- 347x570x59.97
- Exclusive Color Vibrance and Black eQualizer technology to enhance visual clarity and customized color settings, giving players the advantage on the battlefield
- Multiple connectivity options featuring DisplayPort, Dual-Link DVI-D to reach 144Hz, HDMI, and Headphone/Microphone Jack input
- Full height, tilt, and swivel adjustment with VESA Compatibility: 100mm x 100mm. Manufacturer Limited Warranty: 3 Years
10. ASUS VG248QE – Best 144Hz Monitor For Overwatch
The ASUS VG248QE employs a TN panel to provide optimal gaming performance. It has a 144Hz refresh rate that provides smooth motion even in most chaotic action scenes by reducing frame rendering time and lowering latency between the monitor and the system. Further, the 1ms response time eliminates tracers thus ensuring fluid and clear video playback.
This gaming monitor has a 24-inch Full HD LED-Backlit display with a resolution of 1920×1080. It delivers crisp and clear visuals in both 2D and 3D. The 80M:1 ASUS Smart Contrast ratio and 350nits brightness produce life-like images with darkest blacks and brightest whites. The downside of the monitor is the lack of a flicker-Free screen, it uses pulse width modulation to regulate brightness. Further, the absence of FreeSync is quite depressing but you can use third-party software as a workaround.
The monitor is provided with an ergonomic stand that is capable of tilt, swivel, pivot, and height adjustments for the most comfortable viewing position and alongside beneficial for a multi-display gaming setup. With 3D enabled users can enjoy immersive gaming with NVIDIA 3D surround. The 2 speakers embedded in the monitor produce stereo sound thereby creating a gaming environment.
The GamePlus Hotkey feature has crosshair overlay and timer functions to aid in your gaming development. The connectivity ports of the monitor include DisplayPort, Dual-Link, and HDMI ports. The ASUS VG248QE also comes with a warranty of 3-years on the system and panel to provide its customers peace of mind.
It’s a great combination of affordability and power, and that’s exactly why it’s one of the best 144hz monitor for overwatch.
- 24 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display with an overclockable 165Hz (supports 144Hz) rapid refresh rate and 0 5ms (GTG) response time
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology removes stutter and screen tearing for the smoothest gaming experience
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Flexible connectivity with HDMI (v1 4) DisplayPort 1 2 and Dual-link DVI-D ports
- Ergonomically-designed stand with tilt swivel pivot height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for ultimate viewing comfort
- Exclusive GameVisual & Gameplus functions to enhance color performance and control
It is evident that professional Overwatch players use a 240Hz refresh rate monitor to maintain their consistency in the game. But if you are on a limited budget you should always go for a 144Hz refresh rate monitor but not lower than this. Our list of the best monitor for overwatch has all monitors with refresh rates ranging from 144Hz to 280Hz. Moreover, before jumping to a conclusion you must read user reviews of the monitor in order to make your investment fruitful.
Also Read: Best Laptops for Overwatch