In this article, we have discussed some of the best wireless microphone for DJ. With so much choice out there, it can be hard to make the right buying decision. That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide to the best wireless mi for DJ you can find today.
There is much convenience of using a wireless microphone than a wired one. Sometimes wire proof to be enemies for DJ’s. Cables are troublesome and infernal as they trail along and get tangled up here and there, also every time one or the other cable, the adapter goes missing. More importantly, a DJ needs the freedom to move around the stage and hype the crowd.
Using wireless microphone upgrades your maximum stage presence potential and you roam without worry of tripping or stepping on and putting out the cables. Now you know wireless microphones are more reliable than wired. Although there are benefits of wireless technology, they consistently carry the signal without any risks of interference or decay. Every device has some advantages or disadvantages. Wireless are also subject to issues like dropout, interference and glitches. But wireless mic is superb now. Bluetooth is superfast, Wi-Fi and other data transfer techniques are also in competition.
Understandably, DJ’s don’t require high price mic as they are not into singing usually. However there are some mics specially designed for DJs.
Our Top Picks Best Wireless Microphone for DJ 2021:
Given all that, these are our pick of the best wireless microphone for DJ currently available.
1. SHURE BLX288/PG58 Dual Channel Handheld Wireless System
Sure is one of the Hallmark names in the field of audio tech and their microphone has long been dominating amongst the best ever made. This product is a receiver and microphone set, has to PG58 microphone. The set has much value for a pro wireless kit.
This product is based on Shure’s SM58 dynamic microphone. It has excellent frequency response and also got profiles for live usage, almost like an all-rounder. This mic works peerlessly in noisy environments, behind DJ monitors and clubs.
Shure delivers the flexibility and readability one desires. Both the mic are simultaneously operable with that compact receiver. It works smoothly from even a distance of 300 feet and that too without any interference and dropouts.
- Included: BLX88 dual wireless receiver; 2 BLX2/PG58 handheld transmitters with integrated PG58 cardioid dynamic microphone capsules; 2 microphone clip
- Power and battery status LED
- Adjustable gain control
- Quick & easy frequency matching
- 2 AA batteries (included) provide up to 14 hours of continuous use
- 300 feet (91 m) operating range (line of sight)
- Please refer user guide below for better use
2. AKG WMS49 Wireless Vocal Microphone System
AKG has been famous in the audio industry, producing awesome microphones for decades and has been in the top spot amongst review listings and forums. Its great performance is worth its price. This set has a microphone and a wireless module that can handle up to 8 microphones. This product is an HT25 microphone that delivers fabulous quality for vocals and its ripping cardioid pattern is ideal for DJs.
This top-notch quality of this budget microphone is a testament to the expertise of AKG in producing microphones. Alongside mic, the wireless module is super reliable, shielded from interference and dropouts. It works 8 hours long with the 2AA batteries. With the XLR outputs, it gets connected to most mixers readily.
- 1 x SR45 receiver
- 1 x PT45 body-pack transmitter
- 1 x CK99 L Lavalier microphone
- 1 x Universal power supply with us/UK/EU adapter, 1 x AA size battery
- 530, 025 - 559, 000 MHz
These all features make this capable device and one of the best wireless microphone for DJ as well.
3. Vocopro UHF-58880 Professional 4- Channel Wireless Microphone System
Vocopro is not a renowned industry but they do manufacture superb quality microphone and they value the price. This system comes with 4 wireless microphones. These are ideal for MCing, rapping or karaoke and that’s too without any cables. This doesn’t mean it would cut out for singers though.
The system provides a decent frequency response with no interference or dropouts. It works smoothly over short distances and of about 22 to 50 yards. The battery life is of 12 hours before things start becoming choppy.
The plus point in this mic is that being a DJ at a wedding or other parties you can simply pass on the mic to the crowd.
- Complies with New FCC Frequency Rules*
- Available in 2 frequency sets:
- 4 individual XLR Mic Outputs and one 1/4 Mixed Output
- 4 Handheld mics included
- Individual Volume controls for precise vocal balancing
4. Sennheiser EWD1-8355 Evolution Wireless D1 Digital Vocal System
Sennheiser is being walked all over the audio products industry. They deliver the finest audio techs like this product. The evolution series is great, the mic is an E835 dynamic wireless 1. Its wired version had high regard and now this wireless version too. It gives awesome performance across the vocal range of rapping, MCing and singing
The D1 digital sound transmission makes no compromise with readability, some quality and user-friendliness. Moreover it can independently adjust the sensitivity of every transmission and frequency. The system finds the proper frequencies and synchronizes up to 15 additional transmission links. The D1 is enough advanced to be configured with an iOS or Android app.
It’s a great combination of affordability and quality, and that’s exactly why it’s one of the best wireless microphone for DJ.
- Simple - ew D1 automatically configures itself to deliver great sound. Focus on your performance, not on your gear!
- Powerful - ew D1 automatically scans and selects the best frequency for operation. If interference is detected, D1 seamlessly moves to a new channel.
- Reliable - Wireless link protection eliminates signal dropouts by continuously adjusting its transmission power and channel selection.
- Detailed - crystal clear digital sound, featuring the renowned aptX Live codec. ew D1 offers wide frequency response, great dynamics and low latency
- Durable - Rugged, all metal construction, backed up by comprehensive 2 year warranty when purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer!
5. Innopow Metal Dual UHF Wireless Microphone System
This set of microphones is cheap, powerful and stick to its lofty promises. Its battery life is of 14 hours with 4AA batteries and does remove the battery when not in use to avoid damage to the product.
The working range of this microphone is about 200-240 ft. Moreover it got plenty of connectivity features. One can’t expect such a great microphone from a lesser-known brand Innopow. Its features include Neo Dymium cartridges for feedback rejection and fixed frequency responses provide warm and accurate sound quality.
With the inbuilt protection method, the module delivers stable audio and that too at such cheap price, ideal for DJ, KJ or other parties.
- Sleek metal housing with internal antenna for optimum aesthetics and durable long life
- Battery Life: 14-17 Hours.Working Range in wide-open area: 180-240 Ft(60-80m), Extra Two XLR individual outputs and one 1/4/6.35mm Mixed output. Better to have a power amplifier if you want to get a good effect
- Unidirectional neodymium dynamic cartridge for optimum true sound, maximum feedback rejection and minimal handling noise
- Fixed frequency, Vocal Sound quality is loud and clear(Need amplifier or mixer). ideal for church, small DJ KJ stage, birthday wedding or family party, conference, classrooms, small karaoke night etc. Note:For more efficient production, we set up 5 group frequencies channel. it dont have MUTE feature.
- What you get: Receiver,2 microphone transmitter, power adapter, 1/4’’ audio cable, 6.35 to 3.5mm audio adapter,2 Antenna,
6. Archeer Dual Bluetooth Wireless Microphone
You already know Bluetooth technology is to improving nowadays, this mic uses this technology and provides efficient function as other Pro audio setup. This mic has the property of being usable reliably over a close distance of 50 ft from the module.
The wireless system uses a small receiver and has a wider compatibility. The microphone is warm and accurate and advises for the DJ booth. The built-in acoustic pop filter offers a distortion-free performance.
- Bluetooth Wireless Microphone : Microphone with built-in lithium battery bluetooth receiver can connect to various bluetooth enabled devices, such as phone, laptop, iPad, etc, to stream music wirelessly.
- Selectable UHF Channels : Works at 50-80hrz, 10 selectable channels to avoid interference. UHF digital wireless transmission technology creates a distortion-free performance with a built-in acoustic pop filter and an wide frequency range.
- Lightweight and Convenient : Lightweight and sturdy design with anti-skid ring make it comfortable to hold and durable.Battery-powered wireless microphone and rechargeable receiver frees you from the bonds of messy cables and offers great freedom of movement.
- Extensive Compatibility : The bluetooth wireless microphone compatible with various audio devices including speaker, amplifier and mixers with a 6.35 mm mic jack.Perfect for personal entertainment, home KTV, parties, weddings, education, stage, etc.(NOTE: This microphone is not for phone/computer. Please use it on speaker with 6.35mm MIC IN jack.)
7. Hotec 25 Channel UHF Handheld Wireless Microphone
This microphone is a mini wireless module type, you just need to plug it to your mixer and it’s on. But you will need an adapter if it uses XLR. The Microphone is powered by 2AA batteries, work for almost 10 hours.
The sound is crystal clear and offers a great frequency response with its cardioid pickup pattern. It is sturdy built and lightweight. Price is cheap and affordable. A downside to mention is that the antenna is subjected to get distracted if connected near the DJ Mixer. Moreover users get the option to record using iPhone/Android smartphones and tablets.
Better yet, it also gets our vote as among the best wireless microphone for DJ, especially from a value perspective.
- FULL COMPATIBILITY: Connect the receiver to the 1/4” mic input of your sound device for voice amplifying. If your sound system is 3.5mm mic input, use the enclosed 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter. Volume will be adjusted from the audio device end.
- SUPPORT RECORDING ON SMARTPHONES: This wireless microphone system comes with a 3.5mm adapter and the headphone splitter, you can connect this system with your iPhone or Android smartphones, tablet, laptops for recording on Facebook or Youtube.
- STAGE SOUND QUALITY: High quality sound transmission, clear voice and without feedback, free from distortion. This handheld wireless microphone is designed for vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording.
- EASY SET UP: Plug and play. Battery-powered microphone (by 2 x AA battery) and wireless mini receiver (by rechargeable lithium battery) offers great freedom of movement on stage or in the room. You can have several sets working together.
- MULTI-USE APPLICATIONS: Perfect choice for karaoke party, DJ, wedding host, church, business meetings, classroom activities, outdoor or onstage performances or recording using iPhone/Android smartphones, tablets, laptops from Facebook, Youtube.
8. Audio Technica System 10 ATW 1102
This system is a very reliable digital wireless which operates at 2.4GHz frequency band and others. Both antennas work independently to scan for the perfect channels without any dropouts. Moreover it has three levels of signal assurance of frequency, space and time. The receiver automatically locates available frequencies.
The microphone is a cardioid polar pattern that works within a range of 100ft. Its 2AA batteries run for about 7 hours. The Audio Technica System offers easy operation and instantaneous channel selection. You can use up to 8 channels together without any group selection issues. It is available in multiple system configurations, we are not listing them here, but recommend you to check it out. The ATW-R1102 is a digital receiver offering volume control along with pair indicator lights.
- Digital 24-bit/48 kHz wireless operation for ultimate sound quality and dependable performance
- 2.4 GHz range - completely free from TV interference
- Automatic frequency selection for seamless, interference-free operation
- Extremely easy operation with instantaneous channel selection, sync, and set-up
- Includes ATW-R1100 receiver and ATW-T1002 handheld dynamic unidirectional microphone/transmitter. Includes AT8456a Quiet-Flex(TM) stand clamp.
9. Shure PGXD 24/SM58 Wireless Microphone
Shure products are very reliable and such products are tested hundreds of times before putting into use. This system is well versed with guitar and little to no interference or dropouts. It uses through digital diversity, both antenna work independently. With just a push of the button on the receiver it automatically select frequency. The Cardioid pattern rejects any background noises.
The operating range of this system is 200 ft. With the 2AA batteries, it can be used continuously for 9 hours. Moreover the mute button prevents accidental setting change. The body of the mic perfectly feeds the user hand for comfort during long geeks.
However there’s no doubt that this device earned its spot in our best wireless microphone for DJ 2021 list.
- The PGXD2 transmitter features automatic setup, a multi-function LED Indicator, and provides you with 8 hours of continuous use on 2 AA batteries. It gives you and your microphone a generous 200 (60m) operating range without losing audio quality.
- The PGXD4 receiver offers 24-bit/48kHz accurate sound, offers technology for incredibly accurate sound, auto frequency selection, and greater reliability thanks to its true digital diversity.
- The SM58 mic is legendary for its uncanny ability to withstand abuse that would destroy other microphones. The SM58 has not only helped to define the sound of rock vocals on stage, its also been used to build stages and later flawlessly performed with.
- The SM58 mic is world-renowned for its distinctive upper-midrange presence peak that ensures an intelligible, lively sound.The bodypack has 26 dB of audio gain adjustment
- Perfectly fits a performers hand, balanced for total comfort during long gigs. Frequency response is a smooth, vocal-tailored 50Hz-15kHz, and the price is a bargain considering its life expectancy.
- PGXD2 transmitter features automatic setup,a multi-function LED Indicator,and provides you with 8 hours of continuous use on 2 AA batteries.
- The PGXD4 receiver offers 24-bit/48kHz accurate sound, offers technology for incredibly accurate sound,
- The SM58 mic is legendary for its uncanny ability to withstand abuse that would destroy other microphones.
- The SM58 mic is world-renowned for its distinctive upper-midrange presence peak that ensures an intelligible, lively sound.
- Perfectly fits a performers hand, balanced for total comfort during long gigs.
- It gives you and your microphone a generous 200 (60m) operating range without losing audio quality.
- Frequency response is a smooth, vocal-tailored 50Hz-15kHz, and the price is a bargain considering its life expectancy.
- The SM58 has not only helped to define the sound of rock vocals on stage, its also been used to build stages and later flawlessly performed with.
- Auto frequency selection, and greater reliability thanks to its true digital diversity.
10. Sennheiser XSW1- 825 A Wireless System
This analog system is very affordable and the microphone has some great sound. The sync button on the receiver auto synchronize to locate the clearest channel. Though you can manually change the signal in case of interference. The modern look design is also equipped with diversity antennas built into the receiver, completely eliminating chances of breaking.
The microphone is a super-cardioid pattern, excellent at rejecting background noise, providing warm sound. There is also a mute switch which prevents accidental touch. The 2AA battery provides 10 hours of playtime. The XS wireless one specially designed for fast time casual wireless users who appreciate the simplicity with no complications.
- Excellent live sound featuring Sennheiser renowned 825 Evolution Series microphone capsule
- Antenna-switching diversity reception with integrated Antennas
- Automatic frequency management and synchronization for easy set up
- Selectable UHF frequencies within a large bandwidth
- Up to 10 Simultaneous channels
In the DJ world there are varying options from pro audio setups to super-cheap solutions. The wireless feature eliminates cables and create more freedom in the DJ booths. But downsides are limited than ever. Still there may be some inevitable problems and you might need to check your setup to troubleshoot it.
We recommend users to completely go through the features before jumping to a conclusion.
I hope our list will help you to purchase the best wireless microphone for DJ 2021.
Also Read: Best Microphone for Live Performance