With so much choice out there, it can be hard to make the right buying decision. That’s why we’ve put together this handy guide to the best vertical monitor for coding for 2021 you can find today.
Coding is basically the computer language which we used to develop different apps, software or website. One who studying computer science or deal with computer technology knows better about the importance and function of coding. So many people are searching for the best vertical monitor for coding. If possible then go for vertical monitor for coding because this kind of monitor is very helpful.
Why We Choose Vertical Monitor or Why It is Good?
Vertical Monitors are amazing and very useful compare to regular monitor. Professionals always prefer vertical monitor because it perform with more efficiency. You can easily switch a vertical monitor back and forth between landscape and portrait mode. It is also very helpful if you using a multi-screen setup. Vertical monitor has longer height than width. So vertical monitor is very useful and has fantastic features. Every time vertical monitor is not best but when it comes to coding vertical monitors are best.
These monitors are also helpful for other purposes like programming, reading, gaming etc. In the market, there are lots of vertical monitors available for coding. So it is very tough to identify the best vertical monitor for coding in the budget. In this article, we will discuss 12 best vertical monitor for coding with their features, pros and cons. It will help you find out the best monitor for you easily.
Our Top Picks Best Vertical Monitor For Coding:
We have enlisted the best vertical monitor for coding for you that will give you the ultimate experience. Our team of experts has done extensive research and have come up with the list of these monitors with endless features.
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price|
|Check Best Price|
1. ASUS Vertical Monitor VN279QL
ASUS VN279QL is a great 27-inch monitor. It delivers full HD (1920×1080) resolution with aspect ratio 16:9. This monitor also comes with LED display so you will get excellent visual experience and a 178 degrees wide viewing angle. It is a vertical monitor so you can use it on both portrait and landscape mode. ASUS Vividpixel technology is for crystal-clear and detail-oriented enjoyment.
It’s 8 mm a narrow thickness bezel is a brilliant option for multiple display computer setups. It has a 60Hz refresh rate and 4 milliseconds response time, which is good for gaming. This monitor has built-in speakers which deliver fantastic sound quality. The ergonomic design comes for tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustment.
MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) function for enhanced viewing from mobile to monitor. In connectivity, it has HDMI, Displayport and D-sub. It is VESA mount compatible, so you can add it on your multiple display configurations. So overall is a great vertical monitor for coding.
- Super narrow bezel design measuring 8 mm ideal for multi-screen solution
- Ergonomically-designed stand with Tilt,Swivel,Pivot,Height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for comfortable viewing position
- Ergonomic design for tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustments ensure a comfortable viewing experience. ASUS VividPixel Technology for crystal-clear and detail-oriented enjoyment
- Compliance and Standards- EAC logo, BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, CEL level 1, C-Tick, CU, FCC, ISO-9241-307, J-MOSS, PSE, RoHS, TCO6.0, TUV-GS, UkrSEPRO, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 8, Windows 7)
- MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) function for Enhanced Viewing from Mobile to Monitor. Including HDMI/MHL, D-Sub, DisplayPort.
2. Dell U2414H 23.8 Inch Monitor
The U2414H by dell is another brilliant monitor for coding and other purposes. It has a 23.8-inch display which delivers full HD resolution (1920×1080) and native aspect ratio is 16:9. This monitor also comes with LED-backlit, IPS panel and 1780 viewing angle.
This monitor is vertical monitor so works in both portrait and landscape mode. It has a 60HZ refresh rate and 8 milliseconds response time. So it will be not excellent for gaming but enough for coding, writing, photography etc. It covers 96% of the sRGB colour space which supports 16.77 million colours, so it is also useful for photo or video editing. It is also VESA mount compatible is great for multiple viewing setup. The ergonomic design offers tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustment of the monitor.
This monitor meets the ENERGY STAR regulation, is EPEAT Gold certified and also TCO certified. So it consumes energy efficiency for its size and resolution. In connectivity options, it has MHL (easy connection to mobile or tablets), HDMI, DisplayPort, mini DisplayPort. There are also four USB 3.0 downstream ports and four USB 3.0 upstream ports. So overall it is an excellent option for coding and other activity.
- Diagonally Viewable Size: 60.47 cm / 23.8 Inch (31.5-inch wide viewable image size)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (16:9)
- Panel Type, Surface: In-plane switching, anti glare with hard coat 3H
- Optimal resolution: 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz
- Contrast Ratio- 1000:1 (typical), 2 Million:1 (Max) (Dynamic Contrast Ratio)
- To correctly check for light leakage, please view panel in room with at least 75 lux ambient light
3. HP VH240a 23.8 Inch Full HD Monitor
VH240a is a brilliant sleek design business monitor by HP for coding and other purposes. It has a 23.8-inch screen with Full HD (1920×1080) resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio. The screen comes with LED-backlit, IPS panel and anti-glare technology. It also has a wide viewing angle (1780) and 3-sided narrow bezels.
It has 60Hz refresh rate, 5 milliseconds response time and 250-nit brightness. This is good for gaming but not brilliant for serious gaming. But you can easily complete your jobs like coding, reading, writing etc. This monitor also comes with 2W built-in speakers for great sound quality. 2 million colour and 16.7 million colour pixels offers premium color quality. So it is also fantastic for photography and editing.
This is VESA compatible so you can easily change its position and a great choice for multiple monitor computer setup. The ergonomic design offers pivot, tilt, swivel and height adjustment, so you can easily adjust it according to your needs. It is also Energy-star certified to monitor and reduce your electricity bill. In connectivity, it has VGA and HDMI with HDCP supports. So overall it will offer you lots of fantastic features at $110. You can undoubtedly pick it for jobs like coding.
- RESOLUTION & PANEL — 23.8-inch Full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p at 60 Hz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare matte IPS LED-backlit panel (2 million pixels, 16.7 million colors)
- RESPONSE TIME — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
- BUILT-IN SPEAKERS — Integrated audio speakers provide great sound for your content (2 watts per channel)
- THIN BEZEL-LESS FRAME — A thin and virtually frameless ultra-widescreen monitor provides a seamless multi-monitor set-up with 3-sided narrow bezels
- 4-WAY ERGONOMIC VIEWING — 90° rotation for horizontal (landscape) and vertical (portrait) viewing modes, adjustable height and tilt (-5° to 30°), and 178° positional viewing for the best quality at any angle
- VESA MOUNTING — Mount the display on walls or brackets with a 100m VESA mounting pattern (mounting bracket not included)
- CONNECTIVITY — VGA and HDMI with HDCP support for laptop or multi-monitor setups. INCLUDES: AC power cord and HDMI cable
- COMPATIBILITY — Plug and play for all OS such as Windows & Mac OS for laptop connectivity (NOTE: USB-C/Thunderbolt 3-to-HDMI adapters required for 2016 MacBook Pros or later)
- RESPONSIBLY MADE — Save your wallet with an ENERGY STAR certified monitor that meets strict energy-efficiency guidelines and helps reduce your carbon footprint
- WARRANTY — One-year limited warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support when shipped from and sold by Amazon (user manuals and drivers includ
4. LG 27UK850-W 4K IPS Monitor
27UK850-W by LG is a great monitor for multiple purposes and premium features. It has a minimal design and curved stand. It delivers 4K (3840×2160) resolutions. The screen has IPS technology and 3 side ultra-thin bezels. It has a refresh rate of 60Hz, the response rate of 5 milliseconds and contrast ration 1000:1.
It has AMD FreeSync and HDR 10 high dynamic range, supports specific level colours and brightness. AMD FreeSync will help gamer providing boost movement and stunning visual performance. It comes with Black Stabilizer to reveal superior detail in dark-senses while dynamic action and offers fluid, lag-free gaming experience. So undoubtedly it is a great choice for coding as well as gaming. It has 99% coverage of the sRGB spectrum, 73% Adobe RGB which provides multiple colours with clean, sharp and crisp image quality. So it will be a great option for photography or editing.
It has fantastic on-screen control so you easily and quickly find out necessary monitor settings like volume, brightness, picture mode presets, dual controller, screen split 2.0 and many others. You can easily adjust it by height, tilt and pivot adjustable ArcLine stand. The monitor is also VESA mountable. It has 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB Type-C port, 2x HDMI 2.0, 1x DisplayPort 1.2. So overall it is a brilliant choice for coding, gaming and multipurpose.
- 27 inch 4k UHD resolution (3840 X 2160) IPS display
- HDR 10 Compatibility
- Response time 5ms / Refresh rate 60Hz / Contrast ratio 1000:1
- USB Type-C connectivity and sRGB 99% color gamut
- AMD Free sync technology
- 3-Side Virtually borderless des
5. ViewSonic XG2560 25-Inch Monitor
It is an all-rounder vertical monitor for coding as well as gaming. This monitor has a 25-inch full HD (1920×1080) display. It has anti-glare and hand coating panel surface. This monitor has a 240Hz refresh rate and 1 millisecond response time.
It also comes with NVIDIA G-Sync technology which synchronizes the frame rate output between the graphics card and monitor. This will offers lag-free and boost gaming performance. The Black Stabilization feature provides uplift visibility and detail by brightening dark senses. Its Game Mode hotkey delivers fantastic colour performance and other brilliant features. It creates 16.7 million colours so this monitor also useful for editing and photography.
It has an ergonomic stand which capable considerable swivel, pivot, tilt and height adjustment. Built-in speakers give great sound quality. It is also VESA mountable so you have various monitor computer setup. NVIDIA Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) minimizes ghosting and motion blur. It has HDMI, DisplayPort and USB Hub for connectivity. So overall it is a perfect choice of a monitor for coding and other purposes like gaming and photography.
- BE THE DIFFERENCE: Full HD 1080p resolution, ultra-fast 1ms response time, and amazing 240Hz refresh rate give you the edge in all your gaming quests
- SMOOTH GAMING: NVIDIA G-SYNC technology enables smooth frame rates to aid you in battle
- IN IT TO WIN IT: A fully adjustable ergonomic stand delivers the comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions
- GAME ON: An arsenal of pre-set customizable visual modes keeps you ready for any FPS, RTS, eSports, or MOBA games
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: The XG2560 supports laptops, PCs, and Macs with HDMI, USB, and Display Port inp
6. BenQ GW2280 22-inch Monitor
BenQ GW2280 is a great monitor with lots of features comes at a low price. This monitor has a sharp design and a stunning look. The screen has a full HD (1920×1080) resolution. It has LED-backlit, 3000:1 native contrast ratio and ultra-thin bezels. Thin bezels minimize distortion and give excellent visibility. It also has 1780 wide viewing angle, so you will enjoy a wonderful visual experience.
This monitor has manual and auto display calibration. It has a refresh rate of 75Hz, response time is 1 millisecond and has 250-nit brightness. It delivers smooth and fast performance with great color quality. So this is great not only coding but also other activity. Integrated speakers are available for good quality volume. The ergonomic design offers tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustment. It also has cable management capabilities, so you can tuck away cables nicely under the stand.
This is VESA compatible so you have the option to set up on the wall. Flicker-free technology eliminates flickering and reduces eye strain. It also has low blue light technology to filter out harmful blue light and gives relaxation on your eye. Lastly HDMI x 1, DVI x 1, VGA x 1 gives impressive connectivity. So overall it is a fantastic choice for the monitor.
- Engineered for home office and leisure: 22” Full HD VA widescreen with 1920 x 1080 resolution and 250 nits of brightness
- Wide viewing angle: 178° H/V wide viewing angles for Clarity from any Viewpoint. Os compatibility- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8. 1, Windows 10
- Edge to edge slim bezel design: minimize distractions and create virtually seamless multi-panel configurations for maximum visibility
- Relieve eye-strain through self-adjusting brightness: actively adjusts brightness according to on-screen content and ambient light conditions via benq’s patented brightness Intelligence technology
- Eye comfort: experience the difference with low Blue light and zero Flicker technology
7. Acer XFA240 24-Inch – Best Vertical Monitor For Coding
Acer XFA240 monitor is a perfect option for who looks for coding and gaming. This vertical monitor has a 24-inch display which delivers full HD (1920×1080) resolution and backed by TN panel. TN panel has low response time compared to IPS or VA. The response time is 1 millisecond, the refresh rate is 144Hz, brightness is 350-nit and screen aspect ratio is 16:9.
The monitor comes with G-Sync technology and Geforce graphics card which is very useful for gamers. You will enjoy a smooth and fast performance. Built-in 2 speakers (2W) offer fantastic audio quality. It is also VESA mountable. The monitor stand has a very small foot-print and ergonomic design offers pivot, tilt, swivel and height adjustment.
Acer VisionCare technology provides flicker-free and low blue light emission features, so it will emit harmful blue light, reduce eye stress and protect your eye. For connectivity, it has 1 x Display Port, 1 x HDML/MHL and 1 x DVI. Lastly, it has a sweet look. So it provides many features in low price, so it is a brilliant option for you.
- 24 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen TN G SYNC compatible display
- 144 hertz refresh rate using display port | Response time: 1ms. Input voltage: 120 volt AC, 230 volt AC
- Height, pivot, swivel and tilt | viewing angles: 170° horizontal and 160° vertical
- 2 x 2 watt speakers | panel type: TN | colors supported: 16.7 million | brightness: 350 nit
- Signal inputs: 1 x Display port (V1. 2), 1 x HDMI/MHL and 1 x DVI
- Mounting type: VESA mounting compatible (100 x 100 millimeter)
- These monitors are FreeSync monitors that also support G-Sync compatibility
8. ASUS PB258Q 25-Inch WQHD Vertical Monitor
It is an all-rounder monitor by ASUS for coding and another purpose. This monitor delivers WQHD (2560×1440) resolutions with IPS panel. The screen has LED-backlit, LH-IPS panel, 1780 viewing angle and frameless bezel design, so you will enjoy awesome visual quality. The screen aspect ratio is 16:9, brightness is 350-nits, response time is 5 milliseconds and the refresh rate is 7Hz. It has 6 preset video modes, so overall the visual experience is premium quality.
It has 100% sRGB and 73% Adobe RGB coverage, so it produces various colours and creates a sharp, clean image. So it is also useful for photography. With easy on-screen control, you can easily find out brightness, contrast, volume and other buttons. The adjustable stand offers easy to pivot, tilt and height adjustment according to your needs. It is VESA mountable, so you can set on wall and Monitor Arm Mounts. It also has ergonomic tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment. Stereo speakers are for great sound quality.
ASUS EyeCare technology provides flicker-free and blue light filter mode to reduce eye stress and gives relax on the eye. So you can work on the monitor for a long period. It has a minimal and clean look. It is also ideal for the environment. The connectivity ports are 1x HDMI 1.4, 1x DisplayPort 1.2, 1x DVI-D, 1x D-Sub. So overall it will be beneficial to pick up for you.
- Impeccable lifelike visuals with 25-Inch 16:9 2560 x 1440 with 100% sRGB and 178° wide-viewing angle
- ASUS Eye care technology with TUV certified Flicker free and Blue Light Filter for less Eye fatigue; Ergonomically-designed stand with Tilt,Swivel,Pivot,Height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for comfortable viewing position
- Extensive connectivity with native WQHD content support with HDMI, DisplayPort, and Dual-link DVI
- ASUS-exclusive QuickFit Virtual Scale and Splendid Video Intelligence Technology for true 'what you see is what you get'
9. Dell P Series 24-Inch Monitor (P2419H)
P2419H by Dell is of the best vertical monitor at a low price. It provides amazing features in the budget. This monitor has 1920×1080 resolution and IPS panel with a 3 side bezel-free design. This monitor also has good contrasts ratio (1000:1), brightness and wide viewing angle. Overall the visual experience is premium quality.
It has 8 milliseconds response time and 60Hz refresh rate. You can reduce the response time to 5 milliseconds by applying ‘Fast’ mode. In the color department, it has good colour reproduction and accuracy with 72% NTSC, the colour performance is enough good. Moreover, there is a cable management design. So it is perfect monitor for multitasking. The ergonomic design offers adjustable stand for tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment. The stand has a very small foot-print which doesn’t take much space on the desk. You have various monitor setup option because it is VESA mount compatible.
The flicker-free feature and blue light emission mode reduce the blue light, so you will be able to perform long period work. In connectivity section it has 2x USB 2.0, 3x USB 3.0 (upstream and downstream), 1x HDMI 1.4, 1x DisplayPort 1.2, 1x D-Sub. So overall it is a perfect choice for coding and multi-purpose in the budget.
- More room to work: Free up valuable desk space with a thin monitor profile and a small monitor base; Contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Consistent and rich colors: A wide viewing angle enabled by in-plane switching technology lets you see vibrant colors—no matter where you sit
- Expand your efficiency: The three-sided ultrathin bezel design lets you enjoy an uninterrupted view of your content across multiple monitors
- This TUV certified monitor has a flicker-free screen with comfort view, a feature that reduces harmful blue light emissions. Its designed to optimize eye comfort even over extended viewing
- 60 he
10. HP 27ER 27-Inch LED Monitor
HP 27ER is a powerful monitor with high performance. It has 27-inch full HD (1920×1080) display which comes with IPS panel and LED-backlit. The display is also 3 sided bezel-free and has 1780 viewing angle. You can set up panoramic views and also can connect the monitor with a secondary monitor.
The monitor has a refresh rate of 60Hz, the response time of 7 milliseconds, brightness is 250-nits, aspect ratio of 16:9, dynamic contrasts ratio of 5,000,000:1. The technicolour Color Certification gives clean, crisp and accurate colour. The Custom OSD setting makes easily room for more windows and adds screen partitions with HP My Display software. It supports 8-bit colour depth and produces 16.7 million colours. It has 96% coverage of standard sRGB gamut. So it has brilliant colour performance and perfect for coding and photography, editing etc. It also supports good quality gaming. The on-screen control is easy to access.
Unfortunately, it is not VESA mountable. It has tilt adjustment from -50 to +250. The low haze anti-glare treatment offers good performance in dim light. It is Energy-star certified, so it consumes energy efficiency and saves your wallet. The ports are 2x HDMI and 1x VGA. Lastly, it is ultra-slim and lightweight. So overall it is a very good option.
- Thin & lightweight — HP’s thinnest LCD display to date with a sleek, lightweight design for easy mounting and moving
- Resolution & panel — 27-inch full HD monitor (1920 x 1080p @ 60 hertz) with 16:9 aspect ratio and an anti-glare matte IPS LED-backlit panel (7ms response time)
- Bezel-less frame — A frameless ultra-widescreen provides a seamless multi-monitor set-up with 3-sided narrow bezels
- Panoramic viewing — 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles with adjustable tilt (-5° to 25°) for more comfortable viewing
- Connectivity — 1 VGA and 2 HDMI with HDCP support for laptop or multi-monitor setups. Dimensions (W X D X H) - 24.45 x 1.4 x 14.63 in (without stand)
- Color & quality — Technicolor color certified for color-accuracy with HP Enhance+ resolution for noise reduction to prevent picture overexposure
- Custom OSD settings — Easily make room for more windows and add screen partitions with HP My Display software
- Compatibility — Plug and play for all OS such as Windows & Mac OS for laptop connectivity (Note: USB-C/Thunderbolt 3-to-HDMI adapters required for 2016 MacBook Pros or later)
- Responsibly made — Save your wallet with an Energy Star certified monitor that meets strict energy-efficiency guidelines and helps reduce your carbon footprint
- Warranty — 1-year limited warranty with 24-hour, 7 days a week web support when shipped from and sold by Ama
11. Dell Ultrasharp U2719DX 27-Inch Monitor
It is a top-rated vertical monitor for multi-purpose. The 27-inch monitor has a WQHD (2560×1440) resolution. The display also comes with IPS panel and 3 sided bezel-less design. So we will get awesome visual experience. The response rate is 5 milliseconds and a 60Hz refresh rate. So overall performance is smooth and boost.
This monitor has 99% sRGB coverage and 85% DCI-P3 coverage. So you the colour performance is brilliant. It has an ergonomic design which supports tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment support. The stand is very small and has minimal look, which makes it professional. There is a cutout in the stand through which all the cables can be routed easily for a clutter-free desk experience. VESA mountable offers multi-monitor setup.
Further, the easy arrange feature helps the user to manipulate multiple windows at a time. With Auto-restore on Dell Display Manager, you can easily disconnect, reconnect and all of your applications will be the same position where you left off. The flicker-free design with ComfortView feature reduces harmful blue light emission and gives relaxation on the eye. The connectivity options are: 2x USB 3.0 (chargers), 1x USB 3.0 (up), 2x USB 3.0 (down), 1x HDMI 1.4, 1x DisplayPort. Lastly, it is an ultra-slim design and stunning look. So overall it is a great recommendation for coding and other purpose monitors.
- See details in striking clarity. With QHD (2560x1440) resolution, youll get 1.77 times more details than full HD
- Your Ultra sharp monitor is factory calibrated at 99% RGB Coverage to an accuracy of delta-e less than 2, for precise hues right out of the box
- See consistent, vibrant colors across a wide viewing angle enabled by In plane switching (IPS) Technology. Power Consumption (On mode):26 W
- 3 year Warranty
- 60 he
12. Dell Ultrasharp U2718Q 4K – Best Vertical Monitor For Coding
It is the upgraded version of Dell Ultrasharp U2719DX. The design of the monitor is similar to Dell Ultrasharp series. This 27.4-inch monitor has 4K resolution and the display has an IPS panel with thin bezels. So the picture is of premium quality.
The response time is 5 milliseconds, the refresh rate is 60Hz. This monitor comes with HDR10 supports and 350-nit brightness. It also has fantastic graphics and colour performance due to 100% sRGB and 75% Adobe RGB support. So undoubtedly it is perfect for coding, editing and multitasking. The stand is a large footprint and a cutout to route cables. Moreover, it has great performance in darkroom conditions.
You can easily adjust the height, tilt, pivot and swivel easily. It is VESA mountable for wall. In the port section it has 2x USB 3.0 (down), 1x USB 3.0 (up), 2x USB 3.0 (charger), 1x HDMI 2.0, 1x DisplayPort 1.2, 1x DisplayPort 1.2 (input mini). Lastly, it is sharp, minimal and professional design. So overall it is an excellent choice of 4K monitor for coding and other purposes.
- Exceptional details, ultimate efficiency — a 27” 4K screen with incredibly thin bezels — ideal for multiple monitor setup
- Hone in on every task with a multi-monitor setup and experience a virtually seamless view thanks to ultrathin bezels
- Dell HDR combines greater depth of colors, remarkable clarity and a high contrast range of shades to create strikingly realistic images. Colour Support:1.07 billion colours
- Connect up to six compatible RF devices or Bluetooth 4.0 through Dell Universal Pairing. Dell Display Manager Compatibility. Operating system supported-Windows 10, 8.1. 7. Tackle multiple tasks at once and stay organized thanks to Easy Arrange, a feature that lets you tile and view applications side by side
- Brightness 350 cd/m².Pixel Pitch:0.1554 mm x 0.1554
In this buying guide, we discussed the top 12 best vertical monitor for coding and also mention the benefit of a vertical monitor. These all monitors have awesome features in the respective budget, that’s why these are best. Not only coding you can also use these monitors in writing, reading, editing, photography, gaming etc. It means these are great for multiple uses. These monitors are available in the Amazon, so you can easily pick up according to your need. Hope this buying guide is helpful for you. Thank you.
Also Read: Best Monitors for Stock Trading